Thursday 24 January 2013

SNOW!!!

(Meant to be posted last Friday, but delayed :S)

So, once again I find myslef with nothing else to do and, once again, I find myself wandering back to the internet. My final lesson of today has been cut short because of the HUGE AMOUNT OF SNOW which is currently falling.

Anyone reading this who is from a cold country which is not Britain may think "Snow, so what?" Well, apparently it is a big deal here. But not a big enough deal for our school to be closed; only a big enough deal for every other school in the county to be closed (well, near enough).

But what really gets me (and it's not even something I'm pondering, just something that's made me annoyed) isn't that the school is open, because of some level I think that shows a dedication to education. What annoys me is that the Headmaster has spent the last three hours telling children that tey are not allowed to wear their coats, even outside, when travelling between lessons.

I mean, seriously.

It has been snowing for six hours straight now and the heating in the school switches off automatically at lunch time. Therefore, in my opinion, it is completely unreasonable to ask anyone to wear only a thin shirt and blazer/jumper in this weather. Especially when the Head himself is walking around in a long coat and scarf whilst telling people they should not be wearing their coats. That cannot be considered fair on any level, surely?

OK, maybe I'm overreacting, but I'm cold and bored and in about half an hour, I may have to walk the seven miles home. So I think I have a reason to be a bit crazy right now ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment