Tuesday 21 August 2012

Testimony - For the Goffs Oak Methodist Church Holiday Club

Hey, people of the internet (whether or not you are reading is your choice). I'm sorry that I haven't written on here for a while, but I've been busy and away; mostly at the same time. So, this week I am helping at the Church Holiday Club. I have, therefore, been pondering my faith. (At this point, I'd like to apologise to any Atheists out there who are offended, but I'd hope that if you're reading this you'd at least respect other people's views). This sounds odd, but please bear with it...


There are many different ways to experience God; some people can see a beautiful sunset or a night sky and see His hand at work, whereas others can see God’s presence in the good deeds of others. For me, I experienced God the most when I visited Spring Harvest, a meeting of thousands of Christians in the convenient location of Skegness (Butlins...). Being with so many other people who all believe the same as me and were happy to talk openly about it was fantastic.

One day, during a prayer of devotion (everyone offering their lives to promote the love of God) I suddenly felt this amazing bond, as though I realised now what I’d never realised before. I had always been told that God loved me; that He had sent His son Jesus, who had died for me, and that one day I would understand His big plan for myself. But now, after this amazing experience I realised how true this was, and how much it meant that God wanted me to be part of his team*. This may all sound ridiculous to you, but being with so many other people who were all worshipping together made me realise how important I was to God, and how much He loves me. It has helped me to see live in a completely different way.

*The Holiday Club is based on the Olympics.

No comments:

Post a Comment