Saturday 19 May 2012

The Queen

Today I am pondering the Queen, she's a wonderful person, isn't she? I'm not exactly sure what her political job is, or why we have her in the first place, but to be honest, I don't really think it matters, she does so much for the country, including boosting morale. If you talk to someone about meeting the Queen, they always say how lovely she is and how much of an honour it was to meet her.

Over the next few weeks, we will be watching in awe as the Queen celebrates sixty years of doing... well, whatever it is that she does. This probably started about 18 months ago, because that's how we work in England - celebrate the diamond Jubilee year for at least a year and a half, but today it was the start for me when I saw the parading of the Armed Forces at Windsor on BBC1. It was fascinating and the fly-over was really cool. I always respect the way the Armed Forces are so disciplined and can march in time whilst staring in the other direction, and the bands are always amazing, even if the don't have a bari sax.

Anyway, back to the Queen. She is amazing, and probably a good role model. I'm not really sure what for, but there's got to be something. She never abuses her power and hasn't sold Greece, which a weaker monarch would've done. And she's a fashion icon. Just look at this....

This is a beautiful image of all the colourfully pictures of the Queen at various events. She's so pretty, like a rainbow and she's only worn beige once.

That's impressive. And she's never worn brown, well, not in the last year or so.

Having asked my family, I have discovered that the Queen is a good role model because of her devotion to her faith, her belief in family values and the fact that, and I quote, "She's old and people respect the elderly". And she's awesome :)


Isn't the Queen lovely?

No comments:

Post a Comment